So, ConBravo is almost upon us, and with their lineup of Internet celebrity guests we all know for sure what this will bring…
…vloggers. Hordes of them, stalking the halls, speaking to their cameras and generally being all internet-personality in nature.
As such, I’m proposing a little game for ConBravo this weekend: VLOGGER SNAP
For this weekend I will be your professor, and your goal is to capture these creatures in the wild, live and in action. Points will be awarded based on the following:
- Composition and style
- Natural habitat (i.e. while they’re recording or otherwise doing their thang)
- Old-timey hats worn by them (bowlers, fedoras and top hats preferable, but others will be considered as well), as this seems to be a common signature
- Random accessories (masks, ironic costumes, goggles, decorative canes, video game accessories worn as jewelry etc.)
- Camera setup (small points for a webcam, many points for a laptop mounted on a steadycam with a boom mike)
- Retro t-shirt prints visible - points for obscurity
- Proper vlogger mismatched fashion (blazers with t-shirts, tuxedo with silly hat, etc.)
- Rare/Named vloggers - capture legendary guests and get bonus points!
- Bonus points for multiple vloggers in one photo - I believe the term for the group of them is a Playlist of Vloggers.
- Whatever else seems worthy of points according to the professsor
Remember, we’re not to disturb their natural habitat, so please no video bombing or such. And if they’re not keen on playing, be considerate. They’re real people too, so spontaneous or not, you should ask before you shoot
Tag your posts CBVLOGSNAP and the professor will reblog them, grade them and award points. If people actually make this into a thing, I will give out some sort of prize pack of random accessories - think of it as an “instant internet personality” kit. Or you can try sending them to http://stillvisions.tumblr.com/submit and I’ll see if I have that thing set up properly.
Pass it on, see if some sillyness can ensue from this.